High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

May I request the courts keep my work information & salary details private at child support court?

Q: I’m looking to apply for child support but I don’t want the father to know any of my information such as where I work, my salary, etc. I am told all this info is on a worksheet given to both parents. Is there a way to not have the “father” given this information?

A: If there’s an order of protection in place, you may be able to request that the court give him a redacted version of the financial disclosure affidavit. Ultimately, he’s entitled to the information. If there’s an issue in which he represents himself, but wants to verify the information contained on the forms, thn request that the court subpoena the information directly from the employer – and still only give the Father the redacted version upon receipt. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network