Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Action Can I Take?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 19, 2018

Q: I was never notified that my husband filled for divorce, he had his friend state that I was served with papers but I have proof that I was never served. He got the divorce but he has my name wrong because I never took his name when we got married but the divorce papers shows my last name Hyfenated his, I kept my name because of all the paperwork to change to his name. Thanks

A: You can file a motion to vacate your default. Bear in mind such motions must be filed within 1 year of your actual knowledge of the divorce proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080