High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can a child support court order can be changed without a custodial parent being present.

Q: I originally had an appt at the end of the month of January 2017. My ex changed it to the beginning of the month. I went to court to adjourn the date. Then I receive a letter stating fact finding. However the amount on my child support has changed. Please advise.

A: David’s Answer:
If you received a court notice changing the date of your court appearance – but then you failed to appear on the adjourned date – then they most likely proceeded without you. As such, you should file a “motion to vacate your default” so as to re-open the case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network