Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Steps Can I Take, I Don’t Want His Money I Just Want Him To Spend Time With His Son ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 30, 2020

Q: So I really messed up, I did a lot of bad and crazy things but I never thought that he would take it out on our child. We were never married, according to him we were never in a relationship, just friends that occasionally messed around. I told him that I was pregnant when I was about 6 weeks, from that point on he was very involved, until my last month of pregnancy. I haven’t spoken to him since, I reached out several times and he just ignores me. I told him when I was in labor, he ignored me, on July 5th 2020 I gave birth and he ignored me and still hasn’t reached out to me. He has a daughter and her mother took him to court and really did him dirty. I feel like if take him to court it would probably prove the negative thoughts that he has about me and he will use the crazy things I did against me to prove I’m an unfit mother and take my child away. I also suffer from a mental disability.

A: The first thing I’d advise is to ensure you’re seeking proper treatment for your mental condition. If you are & are in compliance with same – and your psychologist doesn’t think your condition affects your child-caring abilities – then it’s not likely a major issue (but obviously one would need the details). You can attempt work workout matters informally with him, or file in court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080