Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Account is Levied for child support Arrears, What should I do?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 24, 2023

Q: I lost my job a few months ago due to covid and an accident I was in limiting my productivity. I am not receiving any benefits or any unemployment or assistance. I filed for a downward modification which is currently in litigation and ( My previous lawyer whom I paid an exuberant amount of money never filed it) so child support amount is rising drastically although I have no way to pay it at the current rate since I am unemployed. Now that my account is levied i cannot do anything, not even buy food. How should I go about assuring the levy is lifted in accordance with hardship?

A: Your options are to file an order to show cause with the Court & attempt to get interim relief, or you may try making an application to Support Collection Unit – see the links here for the forms: You’re best advised to call a Westchester Child Support Attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080