Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Legal Definition Of What Is Considered Alimony And Child Support

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: April 27, 2017

Q: Can goods and services be exchanged in lieu of alimony or child support? My ex decided that he has paid for other things, I never agreed to nor does he have the receipts for these items with my name on it. He has also claimed that the checks written out to cash and endorsed by himself was money paid to me. No depisit shows on my bank statemenI. I know he never gave cash to me. He would really be considered a foolish Banker being in the industry to do something like that. It seems almost outrageous to me. Especially knowing the conditions in which I live because of him not paying alimony and child-support,

A: David’s Answer: The short answer is no – exchange of gifts or services in lieu of court-ordered maintenance or child support must be expressly denominated as such by the recipient. Otherwise, they’ll presumably be considered a gift by the court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080