Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How Do I Go About This? What Do I Need? What Can Happen If Everything Isn’t Accounted For, As In Evidence Wise?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: June 28, 2019

Q: My son didn’t live with me for a year , but i was still recieving child support from his dad for him. I still used the money to support him or handed him money or sent it via pay pal. His dad and i discussed this and i told him to go to court to fill out the form to discontinue the payments. Until then i would just continue to give it to my son. He said he would “handle it”. Now he has petitioned me for fact findings.

A: If he petitioned to terminate support, then if your son is living on his own & self-supporting, then support should be terminated. That said, generally the court can only grant the father relief retroactive to the date of his petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080