Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How Can I Get My Household Goods Back For Me And My Daughter?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 25, 2017

Q: On 12/19 a domestic violence situation took place and now my husband has to stay away from me and my daughter I moved to va to feel safe but I would like to go back to get the big things I left behind but my name was removed from the lease, how can I get my things and daughter things.

A: David’s Answer: You may be able to get the OP amended to provide a specific date on which you can remove your personal belongings. That said, if the child is his, you should immediately consult an attorney as there are custody/relocation issues to be addressed. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080