Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Getting A Transcript “So Ordered”

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 31, 2021

Q: It was suggested to get my custody court transcript “So Ordered” by the custody judge.
Before going into my custody court session, we had agreed to a CS modification as part of the deal. during the session the opposing attorney stated that CS modification agreement and it got in the transcript. they are now fighting that agreement.
A CS judge denied my request for modification stating I didn’t meet the ‘substantial change in circumstance’ despite the agreement being on the record/in the transcript (in the custody court).
Would a So Ordered transcript qualify as a substantial change in circumstance?

A: The short answer is “no.” Merely because a statement is put on the record in a related proceeding does not necessarily meet the standard of “change of circumstances.” One would need to know the factual basis for the change. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080