Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I stop paying child support if my son is now in Job Corps?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 28, 2023

Q: Do I still pay child support if my son is in Job Corps

A: You must continue to pay the order until its vacated by a Court. That said, if your child is 18+ & is being fully financially supported by the Job Corp, then same would appear to be a basis to file a petition to terminate based on emancipation. For a full assessment, call a Westchester Child Support attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080