Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Get My Daughter A Passport Since I Have The Final Decision On Legal Matters?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 7, 2021

Q: I’m a mother of a 6 yearly Old girl. The father and I have joint custody, in the fourth order that we have states that I have the final decision in legal matters of the child. The father does not want to sign the right to get her a passport only because he hates having child support. I want to visit my grandpa and grandma in Dominican Republic and they want to meet my daughter. I need help on what can I do next.

A: If you only have joint custody, then you’d need the father’s express permission or court permission regarding the passport. Thus, if the father won’t agree, then file a Petition for Modification in family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080