Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Get A Restraining Order On My Ex Without Pressing Charges?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 12, 2021

Q: I’m 18 and I’m pretty sure I can file a restraining order on someone without a guardian (correct me if I’m wrong) but I’ve been getting harassed by an ex and he always bothers me I just want it to end, I don’t want to press charges I just want him away from me at all times.

A: Yes – you can file a petition for an order of protection in Family Court. Doing so would not entail “pressing [criminal] charges on him,” as same usually refers to a criminal court action. Call a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080