Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I deduct the child support from my income?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 17, 2022

Q: Getting separated from wife. She wants spousal support. I pay child support from a previous relationship. Can I deduct the child support from my income?

A: The way the statute reads, it’s technically payment of maintenance (a/k/a spousal support) which gets deducted form income before calculating child support. Often times, however, cases resolve themselves by doing the reverse calculation (as you’ve laid it out). Schedule a consultation with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080