Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can A Judge Make Me Get A Full Time Job If I’m Working Part Time Now?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: April 25, 2017

Q: Reason why I’m asking is because, the last time I was in court. The judge said that I have to get a full time job. I want a full time job. But the one i went for checked my background and they stated I have a open criminal court case in Bronx county. They said once it’s over we will take you.. Which is true. But that same case is for child visitation. Yes, it’s weird. I have 2 court dates. One for child support and 1 for child visitation. Child support in family court. Visitation in criminal court. Mind you, I have no criminal charges.

A: David’s Answer: Unless you prove to the Judge you’re making a “diligent effort” to find full-time work (which usually entails 20-30+ job efforts per week), then the Judge may impute income to you based on full-time earnings. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080