Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can A Child Support Order Be Modified So That The Unreimbursed Can Be Paid Directly From His Paycheck?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 17, 2017

Q: My Ex Husband hasn’t paid me any money for our Court Ordered 37% unreimbursed Medical expenses in 4 years, I’ve mailed him several receipts asking for payment and he ignores it. Can I move forward with requesting the unreimbursed medical to be taken from his paycheck the same way as his child support payment?

A: David’s Answer: Unless you incur a consistent, set-amount of medical bills each & every month, they can’t enter the garnishment like that. You can, however, file an enforcement case, and then garnish his wages for the arrears (once established). Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080