High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I give my child’s father full custody of our son?

Q: My child’s father and I are separated. He is now a citizen and wants to file for our son. My son has recently started living with him. He is in the military. However he needs sole custody in order to add our son to his benefits and get him in school etc etc. How can I sign this over to him without going to court? He lives in Texas. I’m in NY on a visitors visa.

A: David’s Answer: Most likely he’d need a court order. You can always double-check with his benefits administrator to see if they’ll just accept a notarized letter. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney for more info. David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network