Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Son 18 Or Age Drop Out Of School Do I Still Have To Pay For Child Support?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 21, 2018

Q: Can I stop child support for a high school dropout

A: The short answer is: most likely not. Unless a child is working full-time & self-supporting, or otherwise emancipated, your support continues. That said, you may be able to argue he’s taken his action against the wishes of his parents & has constructively emancipated himself – though I’m not confident such argument will succeed. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080