Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

If My Husband Left The Country And Left Me For Another Women With No Contact, How Would Property In His Name Be Divided?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 26, 2021

Q: We have been married for 32 years, I found out he was having an affair and he packed his bags and left the country to be with this women. I am a stay at home mother to our three boys. He has cut off everything, he has a house under his name that we rent out. Would I be entitled to a portion of that house? We don’t know where he is and has shut everyone out of his life. If he doesn’t come back to the county would I be able to claim anything? I am nervous since I have not worked and have no money put aside.

A: He ultimately needs to be served with the divorce summons, so you may need to retain a P.I. in the country he went to so as to track him down. Whether you’re entitled to any portion of the house depends, in part, on whether it’s marital property. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080