Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I Just Find Out My Husband Divorce Me Without Me Knowing?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 22, 2021

Q: I was fighting the divorce years ago and he decide not to divorce. I just found out by him that I am divorce I ask him how is that if I was fighting it and didn’t sign any paper because he decide not to divorce. He said he committed fraud and make a fake address in Brooklyn like l leave over there to show the court that he try to contact me also he Knows where I reside for 23 years in the Bronx. When I confronted him he said yes he committed fraud but how would I look trying to open the case and what would my kids feel about me making trouble for him. I have not receive any paper from court or him I asking for a copy and he refuse to give it to me plus I don’t even know when it happen . Please advise as to what to do. Now we the covid it’s hard to get any information.

A:You can file an order to show cause to re-open the divorce. You’d attach as exhibits proof that you never lived at the address he stated, as well as his admissions that he committed fraud. One cannot answer the question regarding how the children would feel as that’s a moral issue, not a legal one. You’re best advised to schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080