Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Where Can I Find This Form For Nyc Supreme Court For The Notice Of Appearance From Me ( Defendant) To Her ( Plaintiff). Also Wh

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 8, 2016

Q: My wife abandoned me and left me and our business in terrible debt. Now, after not hearing from her since December 2014, I received a notice for divorce. The first paper, i tried to respond to on my own, as I can not afford a lawyer. Now i received a Summons With Notice. She wants to be absolved of any of our past debts and have a non contested divorce. Her lawyer also says that I am already in default and that my first response was late. I’ve been trying to find the form online to return a Notice of Appearance in response to the present summons but am unable to find this form. I understand that I also have to describe why iI contest the issue about the debts which i can type out and don’t seem to need a special form. Where can i find this form for nyc supreme court for the notice of appearance from me ( defendant) to her ( plaintiff). Also what do i then do with it… do i get it notorized then take it to the supreme court and then send a certified letter to her attorney? and if i take it to the supreme court of ny ( where the paper from her is associated with) where at the court do I take it? Also should I also try to make a counter claim?

A: David’s Answer: A mere Notice of Appearance can be obtained off the court’s website ( If you wish to file a counter-claim, you must do so with an affirmative pleading – the form of which cannot be obtained online (either an attorney needs to draft it, or you may go to the Court’s Office of the Self-Represented). Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080