Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What to do about incorrect child support amount?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 27, 2021

Q: I owe $ 9000.00 in child support I just locate my daughter after 17 years only to find out she’s been raised with foster parents since 2005 my daughters biological mother hasn’t had custody since 2005. I spoke to her several Times she asking me to pay that child support she doesn’t know I found out my daughter hasn’t been in her custody do I still have to pay her arrears?

A: Generally child support arrears cannot be vacated. To give it a shot, you’d need to file a petition to terminate arrears & argue it would be unjust for the arrears to be enforced. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support Attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080