Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Do I Need To Do To Get A Judge To Rule To Finalize My Divorce And Get Financial Help In Paying Legal And Home Relocation CO

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 8, 2016

Q: Filed for uncontested divorce in 2012. Husband moved out, has not paid house taxes or mortgage, house going into foreclosure. I reside in house (husb still has access). Husb (retired w/pension) blocking settlement. Finally, had my lawyer schedule and had one Judicial intervention 2015. husb and his new lawyer unavailable for 2 new intervention dates; husband out of town; lawyer other case. Settlement sticking points same as in beginning. Husb totally uncooperative.

A: David’s Answer: You could have your attorney file an order to show cause seeking interim relief. You may be able to argue the Judge should order him, on an interim basis, to contribute towards the mortgage and/or pay you alimony (i.e., maintenance). Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. — David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080