Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Can I Do?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 19, 2016

Q: Mother is going for full custody she (doesn’t work section 8) all her life. We have two children together girls 5 and 9 years old. We have been leaving together for 13 years.ACS is involved because of numerous accusations, i departed last August 2015 because of verbal abuse,verbal out burse and down grading my race and racist remarks and my manhood (I’m blk shes hispanic) i issued her papers for visitations an which she retaliated and issued papers for order of protection (my description 6’4 247lbs hers 5’5″ 130 lbs) very stereo typical.My living conditions have changed drastically where i am renting a room.I raised her two children(who call me dad) who are now adults and tried to raise our own she ran to Safe Horizons to falsely accuse me of these ugly charges.I have a court appointed attorney who is bum-barted with cases.My eldest daughter who is 27 (not by her) is a Air-force Sgt who i raised can’t believe what I’m going through nor does my sister who is a 911 dispatcher.I miss my daugters dearly and need your advise.

A: David’s Answer: My best advise is to strongly consider hiring a private attorney. In the Bronx many offer a sliding scale based on income. The next question (perhaps to discuss with the attorney) is whether you’re contesting custody (i.e., whether you want the kids to live with you) or you just wish to establish visitation. You’re best advised to call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080