Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Can I Do To Help Myself? If He Already Is Making A Statement Regarding His Doubting Me, What The Hell Can I Do?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 24, 2017

Q: The gist of it is, my ex husband is violating the order of protection I have in place against him in order to make it look like in purposefully getting in the way of his court ordered visits with our son. The problem is, he continues to violate the order and his stance is that I’m fabricating the reports so that he gets arrested and misses his visits. He missed an entire month (January) because he claimed to “fear being arrested” due to a warrant. The judge is saying I shouldn’t have him arrested anymore, what the hell? He says it looks like I’m manipulating the system and it’s untrue.

A: David’s Answer: Well, there’s another way to handle the violations – file a violation petition/motion. If the Judge him/herself is suggesting that you back-off on having him arrested, then filing the violations puts it squarely in the Judge’s lap what to do to punish your ex. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080