Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Can I Do Or My Next Step Will Be To Get The Money Entitled For My Kids ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: October 22, 2018

Q: My kids father (2kids) is supposedly getting his lawsuit money this month(Oct). He was living here in NY but as of today (9-25-18) has left to Florida out the blues. He is on child support and owes money. Once he gets his lawsuit can I do something in order to get the money he owes and still has to pay even with him being in another state? And how?

A: If it’s a lawsuit within NY, then file to get a money judgment, and then (assuming arrears are significant enough to make it worth it), you could retain an attorney to intervene in the civil suit in order to get a lien on the proceeds. You’d otherwise need to use the judgment to collect it from his bank account. Call a bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080