Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What can I do about custody?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 25, 2021

Q: Joint legal custody but I do not have primary physical. Ex has moved (within limits of decree) but this changed the edu situation without any consultation. Refuses to be accommodating with any visitation modifications bc of the new distance. Ex is uncooperative with info about MD visits and refuses to engage about provider & covid vax. In fact all major decisions have been made without consult. Decree is 10 yrs old, but my patience have waned.

A: First, you should keep a paper-trail, documenting all alleged violations. If they aren’t rectified, then you’ll need to make a decision as to whether you merely want to file a violation case (perhaps shifting spheres of influence on decisions and/or imposing monetary penalties for the violations), or moving for primary custody. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080