Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Should I Appeal This As The Income Ratio Is So Grossly Different ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 19, 2016

Q: My ex husband recently filed for child support after it ended for him paying me 300$ a week for our eldest daughter she turned 21. Our two youngest stayed in NY to finish school when we moved to Florida. This was due to the financial strain of raising 3 girls for 15 years alone. His child support was garnished but never sent in a timely manner by his employer there is documentation with child support to this and also a threat of fines if this was not rectified, but the damage was done to my financial stability. I am trying to rebuild. We went to court Feb 5 Father income 142000.00 and I made 32400 last year. He was awarded 70$ a week $280 a month.This significantly impacts my ability to pay my bills or to even see them as we have to pay for flights.I have had to cancel my own medical insurance to afford the difference in pay. The judge did not even go over my expenses or listen to the fact that I continue to pay all 3 daughter cell bill of 269$ per month, it is in my name and if I default I hurt my credit even more.The judge stated thats between you two and not an issue of the court.Their father refuses to pay the 2 girls portion that remain living with him.

A: David’s Answer: If you feel the Magistrate rendered an incorrect decision, then you’re best advised to order a rush transcript of the proceeding, and then consider an Objection appeal. Bear in mind you only have 35 days from the date you received the decision in the mail to file you appeal. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Westchested Child Support Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080