Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Seasonal Job And Says Will Quit If Taken For Child Support!

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 13, 2020

Q: My child’s father has made it very clear I’d only get the “bare minimum” if I filed CS. He works in construction for family. He said he’d go for visitation which I don’t mind because our child is 10 but it’s been over 3 years since he’s seen her! Is it worth the lengthy process with someone who has no license & really nothing to lose if he were to NOT pay (he’s done jail time and says he’s not afraid to go back). It’s just unfair.

A: No attorney can responsibly answer the question: is it worth it – simply because we’re not you. We can tell you what to do: file a petition, get an order, get a money judgment is he racks up arrears & threaten jail if he still doesn’t pay. At the end of the day, some guy say they aren’t afraid of jail until they actually have to go there. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080