Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Relocated six month ago and now father is taking me to court?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: November 3, 2021

Q: Father lives in NY – Mother relocated from Teaneck to Sparta, NJ. Father was immediately informed prior to purchase and after- six month after hes taking me to court.

Reason for the move were opportunity to buy a house, safe city and best school. youngest child (not his) has autism & neighbor always complained about noise and jumping.

A: If there was no prior order of custody, then I wouldn’t understand why there’s resistance to the move. That said, if there’s no prior order of custody, then you should also file a Petition for Custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080