Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Q: My Parents Divorce Papers Say That My Father Is Required To Help With College Expenses, But Has Refused To Do So, What Can I Do?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: June 27, 2020

Q: I’m 23 and going for my master degree now. My father has always been late on child support payments and they had to be garnished. Child support stopped when I was 21. I live in NY and he moved to Ohio with his new wife.

A: Ultimately the child support was due to your mother. Even though there’s no ongoing order of support, she can still file an enforcement action against him regarding the arrears. Have your mother schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080