Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Q: I’ve Moved To Another State Due To A Toxic Environment And A Dv Situation. But Have A Custody Agreement, Am I In Trouble?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: December 31, 2019

A: If your custody agreement was done in New York & was incorporated into a court order, then the best advise to give is for you to immediately file a custody/relocation petition & get a Judge to approve the move (albeit after-the-fact). There is not petition you need to file regarding the Father’s visitation – you should strive to follow the access schedule in the agreement. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080