Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

On November 29th, I will be going to court for a divorce that I requested from my husband over 26 years ago. Should I proceed?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: November 22, 2022

Q: We are not legally separated and our relationship has been a roller coaster he is lying saying we got married after two years separated with no contact no support I have proof this is a lie this is been going on for two years because he’s never prepared won’t show is Financials doesn’t want to give me anything is it worth pursuing???

A: One cannot advise you whether your case is “worth pursuing” without a full assessment of the facts of the case. If your husband at least produced a net worth statement, then an attorney could send out subpoenas for corroborating documentation even if your Husband isn’t willing to turn them over. Also, an attorney can file a motion to preclude your Husband from proceeding based on his delay of the case. Thus, you should schedule a consultation with a Westchester Family Law Attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080