Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My husbands ex lied on the child support application saying we do not help and I have bank proof of deposits .. what can we do ?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: January 26, 2022

Q: My husbands ex girlfriend who he has a 13 yr old with is threatening him with child support claiming he doesn’t help financially and we send her 200 a month and 400 on birthdays and Christmas she is telling him that she is going to request full custody and no visitations for him … on the paper we got from the court it shows she put that we do not help with money, gifts or food and we send him clothes and money. We have always sent her money and my husband is not even on the birth certificate. She sent him to us in Louisiana all the way from New York twice now and she says now that we can not see him. We bought a plane ticket for him and she claims they missed it and we paid for a second ticket and she missed again we spent over 1000 dollar on the tickets and she says he doesn’t help.

A: It could be that the petition is simply missing the parenetical that he’s not “helping sufficiently” with support – i.e., not paying the full guidelines amount of support. As for the visitation issue, if the child resides the majority of the time in Louisiana & has for more than 6 months, then you’d need to pursue the visitation issue in that state. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080