Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Husband Won’t Sign A Divorce Because Of His Religion But Agrees To It Without Him Having To Sign.

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 25, 2020

Q: My husband won’t sign a divorce but he is okay with me getting a divorce as long as he doesn’t have to sign. I want to purchase a home soon and they are requesting a separation agreement or a divorce decree. However, since he won’t sign getting a contested divorce is expensive. What can I do? All i am really interested in is purchasing a home.

A: Simply get him served with the summons. Once he’s served, his signature is no longer required for an uncontested divorce. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080