Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Daughter Refuses To Go With Her Father For Many Reasons . Is There Any Way Being 14yrs Old She Can Get Out Of Going With Him

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: July 25, 2016

Q: Shes been refusing to go with him for many yrs she told me shes afraid of him and now my ex is taking me to court for full custody and claiming im alienating her yet i take her on the visits weekly or she wont go.Shes asked me if she can get out of going on the visits bc her schoolwork is so much and she doesnt have the time. Ehat should i do. Shes developed panic attacks from this visitation

A: David’s Answer: You would have to go back to Court and file a petition to modify the prior visitation order. Ask for the Judge to be able to speak with the child at an in camera interview. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080