Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Daughter Is 20 Yrs Old She Has Now Moved In With Father Will Payments Stop And Will I Have To Now Pay

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: December 21, 2020

Q: My daughter will be 20yrs old as of March 6 2021 she will be moving in with her father as of this week simply because I won’t allow her to do what she wants in my house so she opted to leave she doesn’t know this man we have also never been to court for any reason other then child support she has seen this man a total of twice in her whole life. She also graduated high school at 18 and dropped out of college 2 months ago will I have to pay child support and do I have to go to court to stop payments how does this work.

A: Child Support wont automatically stop to you – or start for the Father. A Petition will need to be filed to change the court order. That said, unless the child’s self-supporting, generally child support will need to be paid until the child’s 21. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080