Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Child Support Case Was Opened In Nyc But I Recently Moved To VA The Noncustodial Parent Is In Arrears Can I File A Violation?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: December 21, 2018

Q: Moved to VA case is still open in NYC do I file in NY or Va

A: If the Father still lives in NYC and the original order was issued in NYC, then NYC will still have continuing jurisdiction to enforce the order. Thus, you may file your violation petition in NYC. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080