Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Posts tagged "child support"

My ex doesn't work. Am I still supposed to pay day care expenses?

Q: I had to go to court today and my ex wife gave me day care bills. In our stipulation it was mentioned that she will get day care expenses when she works. Now her lawyer says that I have to pay up because she was looking for job. I would like to go on trial for this. Is it possible that she can ask me to pay day care expenses when she doesn't even work. If she just shows some recruiter mails saying she was looking for work then I have to pay the day care expenses as well. I feel this is very unfair esp. when the day care expenses in essence double the amount I have to pay for child support. 

I have petitioned for child support in NY, have a date for initial hearing but live in London and cannot make it. What to do?

Q: My children's father pays no child support. He lives in NY. We were married in NY, divorced in the UK. Both children were born in NY and are citizens as is he. They now live with me in London. Today I received a letter advising me a date for an initial hearing in NY. However I live in London and cannot attend. Please advise. 

Should I bring a lawyer to a preliminary hearing a child support modification?

Q: My husband has been going to court and fighting about paying for his 22 year old son. They moved to Pennysylvania and so not reside in Manhattan anymore. She never showed up to any of the court dates, this was going on for about a year since he turned 21. Needless to say the judge did nothing but transfer the case to Westchester during the last court date. We finally received a notice to appear in Westchester and it says that this will be a preliminary hearing. I just wanted to know if its worth bringing a lawyer or should he wait until the next court date. Don't want to waste $700 for nothing. Thank you 

I am being charged arrears for child support because mom was on public assistance but mom didn't even have custody of my son?

Q: I had temp custody and then the grandma had custody but mom collected public assistance for a child that wasn't even living with her and the state is coming for me for 43k. I would like advise as to what I could do to fight this. 

I have just come to know that I have to attend court next week for child support modification. I am traveling unprepared.

Q: I have just come to know that I have to appear for child support modification case for my son. I already pay a good amount in child support. The papers were not served on me. I plan to appear in the court but I cannot prepare my financial statement as I have no time. Is it ok to not fill out the financial statement and ask court for some time? What should I do as next steps? My ex is asking to include the day care expenses in the SCU garnishment from my paycheck when my son is already 4.2 years old. She kept delaying posting the receipts on Family Wizard and now she says that I have not been paying on time. I am unable to prepare because I was not even served with the papers. Also, as my son is already 4.2 years old, he will go to the school and the exorbitant day care expenses ($ 1800 per month) will not remain what they are right now. The papers were served at my previous lawyer's office and I did not get a chance to prepare. Can I take more time from court? Can I stop her from asking money for daycare expenses through garnishment? 

Lower Child Support with Increased Salary?

Q: Is it possible to lower child support payments with increased salary when I am already paying a over $ 2,400 in support + Day care expenses? I know it depends on substantial change in circumstances, but is there an upper limit to child support payments? My ex wife makes at least 100 k per year and our combined salary is definitely over 143,000 

Child support modification summons have not been served to me. Should I go to court?

Q: I recently received an order from the court saying that my ex wife will take my son on her employer provided health insurance. Earlier my son was on my health insurance. This order doesn't say that I should remove my son from my health insurance. When I called the court to ask about this they told me that there was a court date that I did not attend. I told the court clerk that I did not receive any summons. They have put it on calendar for another date. Since I have never been served with the summons, what should i do? Also, the court clerk told me this is in proceeding for modification of child support. I am paying high child support currently and would like to reduce the child support. In what circumstances is this possible?

NYS-How Do I collect Child Support Arrears after child emancipates-His dad owns an LLC.

Q: Child Support ending soon w/arrears. His dad's consulting's going thru a dry spell & he consults thru an LLC he owns. How can I collect the arrears owed when they emancipate & the support unit's involvement ends? How does he pay the arrears if he attends to? 

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions