Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Bronx Family Law Attorney Archives

Can I get sole custody of my child until she's enough to decided weather she wants him in her life?

Q: He left when I was 7 months pregnant, didn't bother asking about the rest of my pregnancy. He didn't sign the birth certificate. He saw the baby when she was 2 months and went MIA and didn't see the baby until she was 7 months old. He went MIA around April and has been around since.

I want to complain about Bronx family court judge ?

Q: I want to complain about a family court judge in the Bronx. Since my ex gf (the witness) stopped going to court and stopped cooperating with them. The judge doesn't want to throw out the case. What to do. I feel the judge is bias cuz of my color

If I file for child support do I have to change my sons last name to his father's once the dna confirms paternity?

Q: My son is 12 years old and now is when my child father's family members are looking for my son. My son's father has never looked for or wanted anything to do with my son and still wants nothing to do with my son. My son currently has my last name and has had it since birth. If I file for child support am I required by law to change my son's last name to his father's last name or can my son stay with my last name?

Our son is currently 2 months, me and my boyfriend broke up . Do I have to let him see the baby ?

Q: After our son was born that same day I was getting discharged my boyfriend at the time wasn't there I was texting him to come but he blocked me on everything that day because we had an argument that night before . So he did not sign his name on the birth certificate and our child had my last name. He's petty and claimed I started the argument just because of the last name.

Can I refuse to give the father of my unborn baby any paternity rights?

Q: I got pregnant by a guy after only dating 3 months. He became very verbally abusive and tried to intimidate me with a air gun for me not to leave him. He has an alcohol addiction, and has PTSD from serving in the army. I have tried to tell him that I don't want us to be more than co-parents but all he does is get upset and tell me that I'm tied to him forever and threatens to hurt my brothers, my father, or any man in my life by reminding me that he can shoot them from a mile away. I'm starting to feel like it's best if he's not involved at all. I left my apartment in PA and moved to NYC with my dad. I need to keep him away from me and my family.

Family law advice

Q: during 2016 my son's father got a visitation order from the courts. For the summer it was 7 days me, (mom), 7 days with dad. I have a super quiet child who keeps to himself at all times but lately every time he comes back from his dad's house, he's crying all the time, even to leave. Before the court order was finalized my son who was 10 at the time was assigned a lawyer and he told her he didn't want to spend all that time with his dad, they didn't investigate why and they completely disregarded his wishes. He finally opened up to me and told me that his dad has been calling him a bunch of curse words and yelling at him, bashing him, bullying him, telling him he's invisible. At this point he doesn't want to go anymore with his dad. His dad is one of those people who likes to do what they want and if my son told him he doesn't want to go he's going to come to my door and cause a big scene. What is the right thing to do so that my son isn't being tortured in that matter. 

How can we try to stop the false accusations brought up by my husbands child's mother?

Q: The mother to my husbands child started to accuse my husband of neglect and not feeding his son when she found out we were dating. She put us in an cps case the moment we became engaged. She then took his son on a three week vacation without his consent and interfering with two of his court ordered visitation. Then on his birthday and the day before we get married she decides to call the cops accusing my husband of being under the influence, however we have audio and video recording of her denying that he was in fact under the influence and that she just had a "gut" feeling. Is there anything we can do to at least stop the false accusations being brought up by this female?

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions