Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Bronx Family Law Attorney Archives

If I move from the state my kids are in, but have petition for them, can I bring them to my house out of state ?

Q: Me and their mom aren't together so I'd like to know if she can intervene with my petition for my kids if I try and get them to go to my place when it's my turn to have them.

What are my best options to be able to see my son. I received temporary order of protection and a summons for custody/vis

Q: My son is currently 2 years old. Myself and his mother were co parenting without any issues. The petitioner found out that I was in a serious relationship with another women, and abruptly left with my son to an unknown location. With me being concerned I finally get a chance to speak to her on the phone and she simply says "I have nothing to say to you" and hung up. Few days later I receive a summons for custody/visation and temporary order of protection against me saying I threatened her and broke a tv,which is completely false. I understand that they might not see her selfish ways, so at this point I'm looking for the best way to approach this without causing more stress for everyone involved. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I want my ex to suffer

Q: My ex owes me money and he has abused me physically, emotional and mentally. He is on the run from the states and is in Canada. We met in Korea, at the time I didn't know. I want he to suffer as much as I am.

What happens if you do not include all of your jobs on child support court date?

Q: My boyfriend was unemployed for a few months so when he started working again he took on 3 jobs. He has 1 full time job and the other 2 are part time jobs that are temporary. His full time job is 36 hrs a week. The other 2 part time jobs is 20 hrs and 12 hrs per week. We live together and have a child together. His ex who he shares an older child with, served him child support papers cause she wants more money then what he was offering her. With all of his jobs he is working 68 hrs+ a week which is why at the present moment he is making a good amount. We don't think it's fair that they calculate child support based on his 2 part time jobs since those are just for now to build up a savings and then he will quit them. He wants to only put down his full time job of 36+ hrs a week and not include his part time jobs. Can he do this? If he only puts the info for his full time job, will they be able to see in court that he has other jobs?

Child support?

Q: My kids father & I have 2 kids together we have been back & forth to court for over a year. We already established threw paternity test the kids was his. Since then the judge has set a amount he must pay every 7's now up to $27,000 in total that he has owed to the kids & he has yet to pay. My question is when can I judge say enough is enough lock this guy up cause he refuse to pay! I mean I don't understand why keep letting him walk free... He has agreed to pay but is NOT DOING SO. HE SWITCHES JOBS SO THEY CANT TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM HIS PAY CHECK. ONCE HE FEELS LIKE THEY GONNA TAKE MONEY FROM HIM HE GOES TO THE NEXT JOB NOT TELLING HIS EMPLOYER HE HAS A CHILD SUPPORT ORDER IN PLACE. SO MY CHILDREN HAS YET TO BE COMPENSATED. I REALLY THINK THIS GUY IS JUST FREE AS A bird & ITS NOT FAIR CAN I REQUEST FOR HIM TO BE IN PRISON DUE TO FAILING TO MAKE PAYMENTS? SINCE MY KIDS AREN'T receiving ANY MONEY ITS NOT LIKE THERE GETTING ANYTHING CAUSE HE IS NOT PAYING..IF HE IS LOCKED THEY STILL WONT BE GETTING ANYTHING EITHER. SO I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO STOP HIM 

Can I legally do anything to keep my father away from me?

Q: My father used to beat me and my mom because of that I've been scared of him since I was a little girl.He doesn't live with us but he picks up my younger siblings and takes them to his house sometimes.And today he came to my house to see my younger sister and he told me I had to go to his house this week.I froze in fear and just said yes.But I'm 17,I don't want a relationship with my father I despise him for what he did to me and my mom.Is there anything I can legally do to finally feel safe and happy and make sure he doesn't try to force me to go with him ever? Being around him makes me scared and uncomfortable,I just want him to leave me alone so I can try to be happy and live my life. 

My kids dad served me with some custody papers few days ago can he get full custody ?

Q: We were co parenting great we were doing good up till now he served me with papers we split up 4 years ago and since then the kids been going back and forth school days they with me and on weekends with their dad. If holidays he wants them i don't say no or summer vacations i don't say no... he works weekdays n sometimes weekends he has no time for my kids. He drops them off in different places instead of leaving them with me.and right before thanksgiving my oldest daughter walked in on him and his girlfriend having sex 

Can I get a court order or file a petition so he can't leave the state or interfere with my parenting time?

Q: My ex currently has sole physical and legal custody of our son. My weekend visit is up on the 22nd -24th of December. AFTER the final order was written, he decided to throw out that he wants to take our son to Boston for Christmas however it directly interferes with my parenting time and his lawyer was told by me that I do not agree. I'm supposed to have him that weekend and wanted to make sure I'm within my rights to keep it that way. Also, the order says nothing about the vacation or vacations period but I do not approve of him going out of state with my son. How can I proceed with this? My ex lawyer has ceased communication since the case is pretty much over and I need assistance. I do not have money for a lawyer and could really use representation or help thank you. I'm in a shelter. 

Where do I file the petition for custody?

Q: I am the mother of a 3 month old daughter. I was living in Nassau County, New York (Massapequa) until October 1st 2017. I am now residing in Bronx, New York. I filed a petition for an order of protection while I was living in Nassau County but it was vacated and I have to amend the petition. We go back to court at the end of January. Since this is taking place in Nassau family court do I file the petition for custody in Nassau Family Court or do I file in Bronx County Family Court because I am residing with my child in the Bronx? 

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions