Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Bronx Family Law Attorney Archives

After default gets served now gets an attorney ?

Q: I filed for a divorce over a year ago. he was served and now fell into default. he was served now he has an attorney and is appearing to the hearing on Monday? what can possibly happen after waiting all this time and him being absent in my sons life and wasn't much help for his needs only when he wanted too and could.. I filed for divorce, child support and attorney fees.

Do I need to pay child support if my daughters mother moved but left my daughter with her grandparents without my consent?

Q: My daughters mother moved to upstate New York just outside of PA and she left my daughter to stay here in the Bronx to live with her grandparents and she never consulted me or advised me of the move.

Court denied father visitation bc of no contact for over a decade

Q: Father after over a decade all of a sudden wanted to file visitation paperwork. Court denied him visitation due to having no relationship with 15 year old son. Now he wants to proceed with trial. We both waived legal counsel on the first court date but now what happens on this next trial date? Do I need an attorney now? Do I call witnesses and provide proof bc I have his previous kids mother and their daughters on my side bc he has no relationship with them either and they are both now over 18. He has never financially supported child and now threatened me in court that "this isn't over"..whats next??

How can I get full custody if father abandon baby since she was born. Now she is 13 father lives in Spain.

Q: Father never seen baby now she is 13 and would like full custody. He has never been around and he live in Spain. How can I take him the papers that the court gave me. I have no contact with him just his family?

What steps do I have to take to relocate with my daughter? What are my chances?

Q: Ok so I live in nyc and have been separated from my child's father for a few years now. We have a custody and visitation order on file. It's joint with almost equal visiting time ( me having 4 him having 3) He also has a child support order and hardly ever pays it. Like IRS took his refund and gave to me for the past two years cause he never pays it. I've never mentioned it and never withheld our daughter. But him not putting up his share makes it hard for me to provide. Recently I was offered a job in Georgia with a better salary. I've done my homework I've looked at schools the quality of life and housing down there and I can provide for her without needing the child support. I know this is going to go to court. What are my chances? How can I argue this? Should I just get a lawyer?

My son father is in child support im not working right now he has my son in his private work who has to pay for co payment

Q: Im having problems with my son father hes in child support he has my son in a private endurance but i cannot afford to pay for the co payment what can i do he tells me that i have to pay for it because he gives me child support.

My ex husband is filed for custody ever since he was told we were moving? Our son is now 15 does he have grounds ?

Q: Our divorce decree does not state i can not move out of state, we currently moved from ny to ct (54 miles from my previous residence) our son is going to be 16 next month. He was told we were moving and never raised any concerns to my son to convey to me(He does not respond to me). Now we moved and I get served for custody papers. My son does not want to live with him, he barely likes to stay with him and when he does go on his weekend he shares a pull out sofa with his step brother. i already put in a request to work from home and i volunteers to drive my son down to his fathers on his weekend so he will not go out of his way.. Do i need a lawyer ?

For divorce, I am currently representing my friend because he wants to get divorce from his ex wife.

Q: She rejects to give the divorce, and address. She has harrased my friend with deporting him to Dominican republic. Has stalked him alot of times. Sunday she showed up at the bar were he was at and took him out side he was about to be slapped in the face but he stoped her he has done nothing. Hes been away from her for 15 years and he does not want to be with her at all. How can he get divorce legal im willing to pay with my public assistance for me to have him get divorce fast.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions