Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Westchester Divorce Attorney Archives

Why would your attorney want you to attend deposition of spouse in divorce case?

Q: Difficult Divorce in white Plains Supreme Court . I'm wife, defendant. I'm non income spouse. Twenty year marriage. I've given my deposition already. He was there. Personally I'd rather not go due too his negative behavior towards me, even in court.

When I went to the store I came home and my husband put up a locked mailbox that me and my sons can't get into is this illegal?

Q: My husband has been emotionally and mentally abusing me for over 30 years and it's getting worse and worse. 

How can my boyfriend obtain his divorce if the women is in Honduras and he is in United States

Q: Me and my boyfriend want to get married but he got married in Honduras by the civil and he wants to get divorce here in United States does he have to go back to his country to get divorced because he is not a citizen

I have been with the same man since 2013 - married divorced married again can I receive alimony?

Q: there is something not right with him and I didn't find out until about 2 months into the relationship should've ran but didn't - he gets mad over stupid things sometimes you don't even know what it is and leaves without a trace for days weeks.. No its not drugs - sometimes I think its random flings but I am not allowed to ask questions only he is allowed to question me and in the end makes me believe I am wrong and he is right. This last bout happened 2 weeks ago and he is staying at his cousins for getting mad at me over something stupid but then when we started talking I had a problem and needed him and he said he couldn't cause (everything else in the world is more important - says he loves me more than anything - that's why I don't want to bail on him cause I feel like he will have no one) his cousins wife needed him for something so I texted he must be "doing things" with her and when I called ten minutes later to apologize he changed his number - he has put me through mental emotional and physical hell and even my kids lived with their father because of him for some time so I am stupid for always letting him back in but I deserve alimony and a divorce now - can I get it?

How to get a divorce in NYS if I can't locate my husband?

Q: My husband and I broke up in June 2016. We've had ZERO contact since July of 2017. I've been trying to contact him for over a month so we can start the divorce process. I was told I will need to have him served with divorce papers but since I can't find him and nobody from his family will speak to me I can't have him served. I heard he is living in Florida now.

Exclusive use and occupancy of marital home

Q: I have been married for 25 years. We have two minor children age 17 and 18. We live in New York where child support is until 21. I plan to file for divorce after my youngest graduates high school in a few months. He will be 18 a few months after that. Neither child has any disabilities and no college plans, this year anyway. Kids and spouse are aware we will be getting divorced. Kids say they will want to stay with their father (he has no rules what-so-ever). I have no say after age 18. Our home is paid off and we have other marital assets that I believe may equal the value of our home. We will have to get everything appraised. If about equal, I want to sell our other assets so one of us could buy the other one out of our home. My spouse wants to prolong the sale of our assets and live in the house as long as possible and said he will be asking for exclusive use and occupancy of the house until our youngest turns 21. My question is, is it likely that a judge would grant this request? I realize each case is unique, but just looking for the likely-hood of this happening. I will be paying support, so would have a very difficult time paying rent, utilities and everything else.

There is no law that prevents me from publishing documents from my ex and his lawyer online, correct? and hash tagging them?

Q: i cannot currently contact my ex husband due to a false restraining order he filed (in Manhattan court claiming i'm violent because putnam county court is aware HE is the violent party who was arrested due to the bruising the police documented on me). He made various false statements about i'm contacting him for "extortion!" and he doesn't know why i ma contacting him. He and his lawyer for 6 months refuse to address that he's failed to pay me maintainence in full. I have the correspondence to both parties alerting them to his violation & their refusal to pay me. Since he knows this is not extortion, he lied in his filing to the judge in his restraining order! I cannot contact him directly, in any form,w (which i have not nor will i). my question is - there is no law that prevents me from publishing his restraining order petition on line, correct? There is no law that prevents me from publishing the letters from his lawyer stating he will not follow up on maintenance issues, correct? I want to post all this on social medias and hash tag her firm and my ex's name. this is all "factual evidence" as they state, so why can't i publish it and expose them for their mis truths.

How do I divorce an illegal that tricked me in to kids and marriage then lost all interest in me after I filed her INS paperwork

Q: I meet my wife working at a night club. I was the owners private security guard. She was a barmaid - entertaining and suducing men so they buy her alcoholic drinks all night in exchange split commission on the overlay prices alcoholic drinks for the barmaids. I befriend her told her about the hard time in my life and she then pretend to be a friend. I later left the establishment as if hurt me that people started to know I liked her and they would tell me she was a call girl being paid for sex, and that she was pretending to not be in relationship with some older gentlemen but he would constantly told me how they are together and how he always give her a lot of money. I did believe it but to make a long story shortly after I stop working at the place and was disappointed because I really started to feel for her only to later find her working at the new club I would play pool at, and again she was with the same older she was dating. She then said hello. I tried to ignore but since I like her we started to talk again she then supposedly stop talking to the wealthy older gentleman and asked me to move in then after paper was filed she stop having relations with and talk to me bad.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions