Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Posts tagged "child support"

How do i go about this? What do i need? What can happen if everything isn't accounted for, as in evidence wise?

Q: My son didn't live with me for a year , but i was still recieving child support from his dad for him. I still used the money to support him or handed him money or sent it via pay pal. His dad and i discussed this and i told him to go to court to fill out the form to discontinue the payments. Until then i would just continue to give it to my son. He said he would "handle it". Now he has petitioned me for fact findings. 

Is there a limit to how much a person has to pay in child care?

Q: I pay around $2100 a month for child support and pay 82% of childcare. It comes out to $200 a week for a morning sitter and $35 a day for an after school program ($75 a day). She works before school for 3 hours and 2 hours after school but is home all day. I also pays 50% of all activities. I am left with around $250 a week to live on. This just does not seem fair. Can anything be done? 

Can my ex become the non custodial parent if I am now making more money and have 50/50 custody in NYS?

Q: My ex-husband just petitioned to dismiss his weekly obligation and receive child support since he learned that I now make more than him. When our original child support order was decided in 2014, I was making $42,000 and he was making $55,000. I now have a better paying job and is making $11,000 more than him. Can my increase in income cause me to pay him child support? We have a true 50/50 custody schedule and I'm worried that I will no longer receive child support and pay him instead! Can this really happen?

Family Court ordered to exchange financial affidavit within 10 days. My ex never sent me his affidavit?

Q: At family court two weeks ago, the judge ordered my ex and I to exchange financial information within 10 days. I filed to increase child support. My ex never sent me his information. Do I need to file a violation petition with the court? Also, why does the court order for us to send each other the information instead of exchanging the information at the hearing?

Can buying a new house and car be a reason to increase child support in nys?

Q: My ex and I share joint custody of our two kids. We alternate each week and have the same salary (we are both teachers in the same school district). when my ex and i separated, my income was slightly higher then and was ordered to pay my ex child support. Now that we have similar incomes, my ex is fighting my petition to dismiss my child support. My ex also bought a new home and car and is now claiming that she needs more money since she the car and new home are more than her last house and car. Can buying a new house and car be a reason to deny my petition and increase child support?

Can a Child Support Order be contested after 30 days?

Q: My ex filed a violation support petition but did not include copies of the extra curricular and health insurance premiums she claims is still owed. At the hearing, the judge instructed my ex to provide copies of the forms within a certain time frame but she never did. I received the order and the judge found that I am still responsible despite never receiving the copies. Is it possible to dispute the order a few months after the hearing and receiving the order?

Can I put my mother on child support if she emancipates me?

Q: My current situation involves my mother. I am 17 years old and recently we had an argument which led to her saying that she will emancipate me. However, this was very unexpected and I don't have a job. I really don't know what to do and I need help.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions