Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Is There Anything That Can Prove My Innocence?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: April 16, 2021

Q: I was abused by daughters father while pregnant with her in 2018. I went to the hospital and police took photos. Mount Vernon issued a stay away order of protection that was amended to a refrain from so that he could be home and around our new born. I have called the police following that refrain from order because there was still harassment from my daughters father and in result I have 8 domestic violence reports against him. He waited until my order of protection expired put in a petition for a family order of protection and lied and told authorities I pushed him. I was arrested and now I am awaiting trial to prove my innocence.

A: Is your case pending in Family Court or Criminal Court? That said, either way, you’d need to marshal evidence at trial in an attempt to prove you’re “not guilty.” If your case is pending in Family Court, then schedule a consult with a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment (otherwise contact a criminal defense attorney).

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080