Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Is one mandated by law to provide the financial documents submitted to the court to the other party in child support?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: December 17, 2022

Q: Section 424-A Compulsory Financial Disclosure of the Family Court Act only requires a party to file all the compulsory documents with the clerk of the court. However, the Support Magistrate Assistant took it upon herself to the send the documents via email to the other party’s attorney. Is that legal? Is it common?

A: Anything you file with the Court is supposed to be served ion the other side. As such, if you did not do so, then it was quite appropriate for the Court to send the other side a copy of what you submitted. For a full assessment, you should Call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consultation.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080