Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I’m trying to get my nephew I live in nyc but I smoke weed will that be a problem he was removed from his parents ?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: December 15, 2022

Q: He was removed from his parents for allegedly hitting his brothers his father is my brother I smoke weed I live alone in a 2 bedroom apartment I haven’t been in police contact since I was a teen I’m 30 I’ve been a security guard and substance abuse counselor will me smoking prevent me from getting them

A: Not necessarily. Smoking marijuana is now legal in NYS. Thus, it’s only a problem if you have an addiction to it, or you do it in the presence of the child. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody Attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080