Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Im 18 I Will Move Out With My BF But Will My Parents Call The Cops? and Will I Have To Go Back Home?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 24, 2017

Q: Im 18 and my bf is 22 he want us to live together but im afraid of getting in trouble and my parents call the cops i live in new york

A: David’s Answer: At age 18, you’re emancipated – meaning you’re an adult and can do as you please. If you don’t have any children that would be at risk of neglect if you moved (which includes inability to financially support and/or inadequate accommodations), then by all means move out. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080