Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

If A Parent Gave Up Temporary Guardian Agreement Whats The Procedure To Receiving Full Custody Back In Newyork

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: April 19, 2017

Q: Whats the procedure to getting back full custody when a temporary guardian agreement has been in affect over a year

A: David’s Answer: It depends – did you give up custody to a child welfare agency, or to an individual? If the former, you must contact the caseworker first about terminating the voluntary placement. If the latter, you should request custody back, and if that fails, file a custody petition along with an order to show cause demanding custody back. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080