Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I Withdrew Funds From My Son’s Custodial Acct Marked For College In My Div. Agree. To Survive, When His Dad Was Unemployed.

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: July 25, 2016

Q: His dad was unemployed for over 1 year. Now it’s time for him to go to college. There are funds left. I told the Suppt. Magistrate when he went in for the downward & she said “Do what you have to do to survive.” However, there are no transcripts to support this. Did I do something wrong? And if so, what can happen?

A: David’s Answer: If you violated the agreement, then technically your ex can file an enforcement application against you & require that you restore the money (& possibly with interest). That said, he’d also owe you the back support with interest, so it seems like it’d be a wash. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080