Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I need to collect child support arrears

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: December 16, 2021

Q: My ex husband owes me 47000 in child support arrears. A letter of garnishment was sent to SSA for garnishment. He just started to collect SSDI. He received 35000 in back money from SSA. Child support made it clear to me as well as SSA that any back money will be apply to the back child support arrears. I live in NY. He received a check just recently. What can I do?

A: If he received the check & SSA didn’t garnish it, then he (presumably) would’ve deposited into a bank account. Thus, if you have a judgment for the arrears, give the judgment to the Sheriff & ask that they execute against his bank account. If you don’t have a judgment yet, then file a violation petition & obtain one. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080